Friday, March 10, 2006

Mulitple personalities

This is only my second entry, and I feel weird. I have another site, where I let my hair down, so to speak, where I have a group of regular subscribers, and where I feel I can be funny and bitch about work, friends, and family. I intended this site to be my Serious Site, but I feel a bit like I'm creating a dual personality for myself. I suppose I should introduce the regular cast of characters, although this entry will eventually be buried under countless others, so it seems pointless to do so. However, just for clarification: I have a husband I'll call J, until I can come up with a clever nickname for him. The kids are Mad Scientist, age 13, Drama Queen, age 12, Miss G, age 10, and Mr. McP, age 7.

Wow! That's a lot of kids for a white, middle class, eduated 37 year old woman! Indeed. By choosing a more traditional role for myself, I ended up bucking the tradition for women of my age and social class. Still, there's a lot to be said for being a young parent, and if I were to do it over, I wouldn't change a thing.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!