Sunday, August 06, 2006

great day

We're having a great day, here at the University of Virginia Health System!

No, just kidding, but don't you love business that answer their phones in that manner: "We're having a great day at Trinity Mission!" "We're having a great day at the Albemarle County regional jail!"

They don't really say that when you call the jail. Or maybe they do, I've never actually called the jail.

Reading an interesting book, Crunchy Cons by Rod Dreher. It's about political conservatives who embrace the so-called crunchy lifestyle associated with liberals. And why not? It's ridiculous to assume that everyone who votes Republican also drives an SUV and embraces the Wal-martization of America. I've always thought of myself as politically liberal, but am conservative about some issues. I can feel myself warming to the Crunchy Con movement.

Also just started reading The Milagro Beanfield War.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!