Thursday, May 31, 2007

Agog with excitement

Dear Patience Crabstick,
I am pleased to inform you that the Nursing Program Admissions Committee has recommended you for admission into the program beginning Fall 2007. You now need to let me know in writing by June 18, 2007 (5:30pm) whether you accept this offer of admission. Admission applications are highly competative this year. If we do not hear from you by this date, your place will be awarded to another applicant.
...I welcome you to our program and look forward to working with you in the fall.
Sincerely...

At last! I have been haunting my mailbox for two weeks. Naturally, I am going to accept. The past year was difficult. On many days I worked from 7:00am-3:00pm, walked a mile and a half home from work, had a short time to eat and rest and supervise my kids' homework and then went to school, sometimes for as much as 4 and a half hours, not getting home until after 10:00pm. I took anatomy & physiology, a two semester course, plus developmental psych and microbiology. The science classes had labs, with their own exams and their own assignments. And now that work has paid off.

Long ago I got a BA in English from a liberal arts college in upstate, NY. I'm glad I majored in English, but now it is time for a new career.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wow, you worked hard and you deserve a sigh of relief and excitement.

    ReplyDelete