Thursday, June 14, 2007

Responsible homeowners

Who knew gutters could be so exciting? We finally got our entire house outfitted with new gutters, and they are fabulous. Today I had to go to Lowe's and buy those horrid black plastic tubes that you attach to your downspouts. My eight year old son pushed while I wrestled with what appeared to be a giant black octopus trying to climb out of the shopping cart. At one point, we barely missed hitting another customer in the head. Equally difficult, getting the damn things in the car. No one had these tubes when I was growing up but now they are ubiquitous. I think they're an abomination. And yet, also the universal symbol of Responsible Homeownership.

Where can I collect my certificate?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!
    I have tagged you for "Eight Things" - visit my blog for details. :)

    Tracey

    http://lifeinsugarhollow.blogspot.com/2007/06/eight-things-about-me-curious.html

    ReplyDelete