Sunday, May 25, 2008

Quirkiness

I've been working this weekend, half hoping I would have the kind of terrible days that cause me to throw myself on my bed and cry when I got home--this to help validate the fact that I turned in my letter of resignation last week. So far, the days have been relatively easy, but there's always hope for tomorrow. I feel like I am being self-indulgent in quitting my job without plans to work anywhere else at the moment. On the other hand, I didn't fully realize how draining nursing school has been until the semester ended and I all but collapsed with exhaustion. I feel like I am convalescing from a long illness. I need time to relax and heal, to pay attention to my children, to focus on things at my house, to finish my bathroom, to throw a big party.

In order to be in compliance with my employer's policies, I must give 30 days notice when quitting--that is, if I ever want to work at this institution again, which I most likely will after graduation. My last day of work isn't until mid-June. I will miss my co-workers, but I will not miss the stress and frustration.

Anyway, I've been tagged by Zoe to list six quirky things about myself.

1. I don't understand raisins. Why not just eat dead flies?
2. I developed traumatic amnesia after watching the movie Trainspotting.
3. I love novels about the British navy.
4. I was once locked in the Buffalo Zoo after closing time. I escaped by climbing a fence.
5. I used to suffer from sleep paralysis, and had a number of out-of-body experiences associated with it.
6. Almost all plants put into my care will die.

The rules say to tag six more people, but I'll just tag whoever wants to participate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing what is best for you. I'm sure you'll have no problems getting a job with the hospital again after you finish school.

    ReplyDelete