Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rant Fest--Lowe's sucks, part II

This week's Cville published five of Drama Queen's rants. Can you guess which ones they are?

Speaking of rants, Lowe's sucks. I know I mentioned that already, but it needs repeating. Yesterday, we went to Lowe's to buy a dryer. It annoys me that now that Ron Martin is out of business, our choices are limited to Lowe's and Sears. Choosing between Lowe's and Sears is like choosing between Darth Vader and Sauron. I decided on Lowe's because I'd read a consumer article in either Cville or The Hook about how the people in the Sears appliance department make a point of never answering their phone.

So, we purchased a dryer, which is to be delivered today. I was told someone would call me around 7:00pm to confirm a delivery time, but 7:00pm came and went and it was Mad Scientist's birthday and we wanted to go out for dinner, and we were starving, so we left. When I got home, there was a message--called in at 8:30pm-- saying that my dryer would be delivered to 710 Orangedale Ave between the hours of 2:00pm and 6:00pm today. That's great, except I don't live at 710 Fucking Orangedale Ave. I don't live on Orangedale Ave. at all. My street's name has nothing in common with the word "orangedale" other than it also has two syllables.

He left a number I could call if I had any questions--a number with a 757 area code--which of course, I called immediately and got nothing but attitude. "710 Orangedale Ave is the information we were given" snapped the woman, as if I were the one who'd screwed up.

How do I know I didn't accidentally give a fictional address for myself? Because after I gave my information to the dryer salesman, he sent us to the cashier to pay and she brought up my account and verified my address with me and it was correct then, so when and how it got changed to 710 Orangedale Ave is a mystery to me.

If my dryer is not in my laundry room by 6:00PM today, Lowe's is going to be very sorry indeed. And to the people who live at 710 Orangedale Ave, if someone arrives at your house with a dryer, I'm sorry, but please ask them to call me. At least they have my phone number right. (So far.)

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to the update and my fingers are crossed.
    Chris had another interesting issue at Lowe's the other day. He installed a new door in our house- we ordered the door finally from Better Living, we did get the storm door from Lowes, which is all besides the point.
    He bought some locks, because oddly doors dont come with locks or knobs- $28 each (he got two). They both had items missing or simply wrong. He was not happy, and dont get him started on the foam thing he was using last night to fill in the space between the wall and the door (the wand had a hole in it and not in a good place- so this poison got all over and he had to use nail polish remover to get it off). Fun times with those broken things from Lowes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, they did manage to find my house after all, and my new dryer is now set up in my laundry room. Hurray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that- with all that laundry, a dryer is a necessity

    ReplyDelete