Sunday, August 03, 2008

Mystery flower

I found this pretty blue flower in my garden. I have no idea what it is, although it reminds me of something that I can't remember. Can anyone tell me what it is? Knowing my luck with the garden, it will turn out to be an invasive weed and I will have to clear it all out with a machete, or come home from vacation to discover it ate my house.

Sorry about the blur, but you get the idea. It's kind of like a sweet pea, the way the flower folds down out of a pod.



And now, we're off to fabulous Buffalo to see family, and later Ithaca to do some hiking.

4 comments:

  1. I'm guessing Asiatic Dayflower, but it's really hard to tell.

    What kind of camera do you have? You might have to set it on a stack of books, let it focus, and then push the button. With small flowers, even movement from your hands (or the wind) will ruin the focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did an image search and it is the Asiatic Dayflower, which is a weed, but not one likely to eat my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was totally going to say Asiatic Dayflower, but jocelyn beat me to it. ;)

    I love it when blogger friends have all the answers for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the hike was great. I love little blue flowers best of any color.

    I've given you an award, so stop by when you return home.

    ReplyDelete