Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day

Happy Boxing Day. We had a great Christmas, but I am relieved that it is over. It's an enormous job for one woman to create Christmas for a family. And it was Jon's turn to work Christmas, which sucked. Now he is off for three days, so it feels like the real holiday is just beginning.

I went running on Christmas morning. How's that for hard-core? There were no cars, no people, just one other runner I met on my way back. He wished me a merry Christmas and our eyes met in solidarity. One endorphin junkie to another.

One of the advantages of having teenage children is that they like to sleep in on Christmas too. By the time I got back from my run, everybody was up and waiting to open presents. Jon, who'd had to leave for work at 06:30 missed the unwrapping. In the past, we've awakened the kids at ungodly hours so they can open presents before Jon leaves, but that is never much fun, and the smaller children would be so cranky from lack of sleep, I'd have to feed them chocolate in measured doses, throughout the day, in order to keep them reasonably happy.

My sister and her husband were here from Florida. I cooked a crown roast of pork and a spectacularly disastrous cake:


Here's a movie of the Christmas Crackers:



video

1 comment:

  1. Meat is murder, you know that. Even Christmas pork. :) Your WV pals!

    ReplyDelete