Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Armoire Accomplished

I can't believe it was barely three weeks ago that I dragged an old door out of my basement--it had been sitting in the same place for probably fifty years or more--and now it has become the basis for a fabulous armoire for my daughters. The furniture maker delivered it today and it's exactly what I wanted.

Door before just after I pulled it out of the basement, liberally coated with grime.

It was necessary to cut the top panel off, so the finished armoire wouldn't be taller than the ceiling.
After:




Gratuitous picture of Mr. McP

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cool! And I think it is bigger and has a nicer door than my actual closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fan-freaking-tastic.

    ReplyDelete