Thursday, May 31, 2012

Amen

We are all home safe in Virginia and thus concludes one of the most stressful periods of my entire life.  Regular blogging will resume soon, although I don't know if I'll be able to pull together a Friday reading assignment for tomorrow.  I do have a Jane Eyre movie marathon/review that's been sitting in my drafts folder for a week.

There's still the washing machine to figure out.  I had a terrible experience with the customer service line at LG, including but not limited to a person hanging up on me when I put the phone down for a moment to pull the washer away from the wall so I could read the serial number.  I had told him what I was doing, so I was pretty pissed about getting hung up on.  The second rep talked to me like I was an idiot:  "So your washer won't turn on?"  Yes, it TURNS ON, it just stops mid-cycle when it is FULL OF WATER and makes a humming noise and does not display a helpful code on the LED screen.  Fuckers.  There is no "authorized" repair person within forty miles of us, so we left it that someone would call me in three business days, which is today.  Will my washer ever be fixed?  Tune in tomorrow or next week or whenever.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry Jen to add to your stress, but I have to unveil a very harsh truth, or more accurately a series of truths.

    1. Washing/Drying/Dishwashing machines are programmed to break down at the most inconvenient of times.
    2. Companies don't give a sh*t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're home safely and that your family is healthy again.

    That sucks about the washer. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home sweet home: the place where you're happy to be even when the washer is tanked. I'm so glad you're all in one city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are ALL home again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appliances and cars can be SO frustrating. But thank goodness you're all home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring it over here. We can have a glass of wine or three.

    Good to hear everyone is home safe and sound and things are getting back to normal.

    Can't wait to read about Jane Eyre. One of my fave books ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bleah, that sucks. I mean, I'm glad you're all home safe, but the whole washing machine thing sucks. Appliances are supposed to work, dammit! They just are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going home again is always most pleasing!

    ReplyDelete