Thursday, September 13, 2012

How many bloggers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?




Yes, I really am that stupid.  Watch below as I freakishly mispronounce "expert" as "axpert."



In my defense:  In all the long years of my life, I have never owned a light fixture that required narrow-necked bulbs, so I wasn't fully aware of their existence.  And we don't really set our lampshades on fire, except for one time, which was dramatic because we were in the throes of rushing Brigid to the emergency room for an asthma attack.
60 WATTS MOTHERFUCKERS.

4 comments:

  1. You need your own show. "Adventures in Home Improvement." Funny lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I mean this in the gentlest and most non-confrontational way, but Merriam-Webster and I both wonder if perhaps you mean "flout" rather than "flaunt". Much love and extra positive reinforcement for bravely filming yourself, which I am not confident enough to do. I'm a vocabulary nerd--please forgive me. (Apparently I am extra-annoyed today by too much exposure to adults who insist on saying "anyways" when they most certainly mean "anyway".)

    Anyway--you still need a lamp that provides sufficient light to read by. ("Reading? You mean like these instructions in French?") The lamp manufacturer is not interested in your peculiar hobbies.

    More films please! And bring Seamus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, please have more videos. Adding Seamus would be a bonus.

    I hate those little chicken neck light bulbs almost as much as I hate going to Lowe's.

    Finally, Jenny Explains It All mentioned something else that doesn't need repeating by me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly girl.

    Let the men take care of such things, and don't let it worry your pretty little head.

    ps. Please don't let my Beloved see this or he'll rip out my lungs whilst screaming "sexist condescending bastard"

    ReplyDelete