Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Oh happy day

My query about the VP candidate in 1988 was answered correctly by Laoch of Chicago, whose pithy blog never fails to amuse.  Thanks, Laoch!  Dukakis' running mate was Lloyd Bentsen, who I'd utterly forgotten. (He died in 2006, by the way.)  Dan Quayle, of course, was Bush's running mate.  I can't say I've forgotten about Dan Quayle, as I think of him every time I write the word "potato," but it is a long time since I considered him in the context of a political candidate.

I don't mean to gloat--I know there are some nice people who voted for Romney--but I am very pleased that Obama carried Virginia again.  Also glad that as far as "legitimate rape" is concerned, it is not on.  I hope that the normal republicans can gain control of their party.  What the heck is going on, when people who are actually trying to court public opinion choose to pick on rape victims? 



3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I also think of Quayle every time I write the word potato!

    I'm also having a HAPPY day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, madam.
    I can get behind fiscal conservatives, but the GOP social agenda scares the bejeepers out of me.
    Here's to a brighter tomorrow TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is important for women to fight for the gains they won in a hard fought fashion during the last century. Since women outnumber men they really could be running things if they voted in a block.

    ReplyDelete