Saturday I did the top coat and now the woodwork is done!
By "done" I mean only the baseboards and trim around the doors--not the front door because that is its own project--and not the door to the old dining room because, frankly, I forgot about it, and not the bannisters and not the trim around the window because it isn't original and the paint there is OK. Originally, the whole POINT of this project was to paint the walls, so "woodwork" is anything directly adjacent to a wall. Anyway, I'm still cherishing a hope that we can send the doors and bannisters to a workshop somewhere and have them dipped and repainted. Our painting contractors from last year were going to fix the front door, but that project got a little expensive, so we decided to save the door until later.
Of course, the spanking new trim makes the walls look EVEN WORSE. There are a lot of holes to fix. The one pictured below is from ripping out the previous owner's heavy duty shelf-hanging molly screws.
Here are some before pictures.
Upstairs landing before. (If you're new to my front hall, some past owner painted all the trim with oil-based mustard paint and the owners before us painted over it with white latex, and oil and water don't mix, so the situation pictured below happened.)
I can't wait to start picking a paint color for the walls!