Monday, January 04, 2016

2015 in pictures

Since nobody wants to deal with actual words on this Mondayist of Mondays, here's a little photo re-cap of my 2015. (Chronological, more or less and many stolen from my instagram feed.)
Grace and I visited my sister Margaret and her husband in Washington.
(Picture taken from the bar at the top of the W hotel.)
Phoebe the Terrible.  (And Sancho creepin')
I discovered this amazing "batch bread" recipe in My Irish Table by Cathal Armstrong
I amused myself by taking selfies during conference calls
I knit this wrap, to wear in my chilly office. (And made those pajama pants.)
Our neighborhood now shares these chickens
I sewed this blouse and had bangs cut in my hair.
I sent two of my children to Europe for the summer--
Brigid to a summer job in Switzerland, and Seamus to a German exchange program

My office moved to a new location and I became a bicycle commuter
I traveled to Madison, Wisconsin for work
We moved Grace, Brigid, and their best friend into an apartment in Richmond
Jon and I went to Ireland.  (This is the village of Castletownbere,
where we stayed for two nights and visited a Buddhist retreat center.)
Ian and I hiked nine miles through the Blue Ridge mountains
I started The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
I finished this needlepoint project, which I started in 2007.
Jon and I got a free weekend in Norfolk, where he did a talk for the Virginia EMS association
I got a new job (and new work space with a standing desk)
I knit these socks for Seamus. If they look funny and old-fashioned, it's because
the pattern was adapted from a Victorian gentleman's sock pattern.

I'd much rather look at pretty pictures than deal with my life today, so if you have put similar recaps on your own blogs, let me know in the comments!

9 comments:

  1. The most Mondayist of Mondays is the perfect way to describe today. Looks like you all had a busy, exciting year. The girls' apartment looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use that wobbleboard while you work at the standing desk? Is it helpful?

    Love these pictures - great socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would give my core a good workout, but it didn't take very long for me to master balancing on it without effort. I suppose it does do some micro toning. It hurts my feet if I stand on it for too long. It is kind of fun to be able to swivel on my feet though, and it makes me taller than the cube wall, which is a bit disconcerting to some of my colleagues!

      Delete
  3. Love this and I totally did a year in pictures.
    http://chickenwirepaperflowers.com/2016/01/04/the-year-that-was/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite post today! Looks like a great year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks! Those chickens! From the looks of it, you had a swell year. And I really like your hair.

    ReplyDelete