Saturday, March 05, 2016

A new name for the blog

This blog has been "Fatuous Observations" for a long time.  Since 2006, to be exact, when I did write more about my thoughts about things.  The focus of this blog has changed since then and I write fewer general observation posts than I used to.  I have changed in the last ten years and I think I've outgrown "Fatuous Observations."

I don't anticipate a drastic change to my content, but I would like to focus more on the domestic side of life.  The things that I do at home--reading, knitting, sewing, cooking, organizing, and interior decorating are the things that I truly enjoy. I've decided to rename the blog The Homebody to reflect that.

I'm struggling to get an image into the header that doesn't look like absolute crap.  How in the world do you get an image to nicely fill your header and not be ten miles high?  I finally found the magic pixel size that is more or less the right width and height, but now my image is distorted. I'm going to leave it for now.  The picture is an old dinosaur that I took myself from our trip to Rome on 2009.  Nothing satisfies my homebody like clean laundry drying in the breeze.

PS  The blog address is still the same, so if you have this blog added to a reader, you should still get updates.

10 comments:

  1. I used to know more about blog headers for blogspot, but it's been a while since I used it, so I'm useless. I like the new name though. And I do like that image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you used to be on blogger, but switched to wordpress.

      Delete
  2. Sigh. I really, really liked that blog name. Maybe I'll take it, now that my kids are older and not quite so messy anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss your old blog name, and welcome the new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, here's to the Homebody. And I think your image looks just fine. Finding you in my blog reader always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new name! As for header photos, I crop the top and bottom off a photo - finding just a strip that I like - then resize it to the magic pixel size. The distortion is still there to some extent, but I try not to focus on it too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good tip about cropping the top and bottom. I didn't think to do that.

      Delete